The quest for magical beauty is ancient, as revealed in these bizarre practices:
- Crocodile dung baths. The ancient Greeks and Romans would slather themselves with dirt and croc feces to beautify their skin. I never saw a wrinkly Ancient Roman, so . . ?
- Dimple machines. This one didn't catch on.
- Tapeworm diet, I am not making this up. Apparently, the tapeworms had to be removed at a later date in "an unpleasant fashion."
|Easy to swallow, though!|
There are a few odd beauty treatments I've dabbled in, that aren't offered at the Red Door Spa. These include the Pepto Bismal facial mask, and Preparation H for under-eye bags.
As I age though, life in the beauty lane is actually getting simpler. I choose routines that are basic and soothing, and - except for professional hair care - inexpensive. I make a habit of slowing down to enjoy some of them, like:
- Moisturizing my body and hands with something that smells good.
- Nail polishing.
- Hair washing, to include a good head massage.
|But the attire is not this glam. Source.|
- Steaming my face over a cup of tea.
- Perfuming myself (no lingering croc dung odors for this petite flower!)
Have you experimented with any unusual beauty rituals? Spill your story, especially if it works. And do you enjoy calming beauty routines too?
Have a magnificent Monday, and stay fabulous,
Visible Monday is on its "off" week this week, so we can recharge and refresh. We'll be back on Monday, March 24th (actually, the Sunday evening before)!