As a recipient, I am to answer whatever questions Maricel dreams up. Rather than asking specific questions, however, Maricel requested a sentence completion exercise. She's a teacher, you know, and skilled at giving homework. ☺
|Here's Maricel. She's a babe, and a smarty too.|
Since these sentences are so open, I decided to answer them within the domain of aging, beauty and style. You're not ready for my full autobiography, are you?
As a 59 year-old woman, professional, wife, and lover of style:
- I see … myself physically aging, and I don't care for it, because inside I feel ageless and full of dreams. This numbering of years seems so arbitrary.
- I find … life easier than it was in my 20's and 30's, even though my body is not as resilient. I worry less, hope more, and have learned the art of relaxation.
|Who relaxes better than a cat? I love this little girl.|
- I have … more wisdom, more confidence and more attitude than I used to.
- I wish … I'd had these qualities in abundance, sooner!
- I miss … my Dad, gone too soon, and my biggest fan. We need all the fans we can get.
|Dad and me at my wedding in October 2001.|
- I crave … experience, and beauty, and novelty, even though the familiar has become so dear. It's one of the paradoxes of aging.
- I wonder … what other women of A Certain Age are thinking about? That's one of the reasons I started my blog.
|This is the gorgeous Judith of Style Crone. We met in 2012, what a delight.|
|I've met up with the delightful Paula of Fashion Over Fifty twice!|
|And just had the pleasure of meeting wonderful Anne of Spy Girl.|
- I regret … not much. I wish I'd met Sandy, my best friend and husband, earlier in my life, but perhaps I wasn't ready for him yet?
|Sandy and me a few years ago, at our old cottage.|
I'd love to hear from all of you, how you'd respond to these questions. Please consider yourselves awarded a Liebster, as you are indeed Dear to me.
Have the very best day, and stay fabulous,
Not Dead Yet Style is a ShopStyle affiliate – please be aware that all links to these vendors are affiliate links. I do benefit from your purchases through the links on the blog.